Tuesday, September 14, 2010

AMP kicks hard

Alright, this is hard to share. I put everything I had into probability and the best I could do was a B. That was/is a very hard pill to swallow.

Take heed the warnings given by professor Smith and Mrs. Harrison. I mean, I've done some things in my life. This was humbling.

Do you know how to calculate conditional probability? If not, then you need a refresher course. There is no shame in that.

Do you know how to calculate an anti-derivative, a partial derivative and how to integrate by hand? Then you need a refresher course in calculus. Take this before you come to amp. I knew all of this at one time, perhaps back in the late 90's when I first took these courses. Your success in AMP / probability will be compromised if you have to re-learn these things at the same time as you are learning new material.

Also, if you cannot put a matrix in row reduced echelon form, you will have trouble. Thankfully, I remembered this sweet trick.

And you should know that I am writing this @ 4:30 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment