Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thus, it is done

I'm trying to keep busy, or at least keep the appearance of being busy, so I must make this brief.
AMP was awesome. The program is outstanding and very worth it IMO. If I had to do it over I would definitely do it again. I wish that I could get another Master's degree in this manner.

The last week was challenging. I explored the depths of how much sleep one can forego. But at the end of it all, much like with the program, the inconvenience was only temporary and I am left with knowing a little more about myself.

There is something to be said for finding something to do after the program to keep your momentum. I definitely recommend taking some time for R&R, of course. But how do you plan to reinforce all that you have learned? I've been reading books voraciously and have enjoyed the extra time I have to actually be able to workout.

Me and some of my mates from school will be trying to see how much more punishment we can give ourselves when we attempt tough mudder in Charlottesville in October. I think there is some degree of commonality between the race adventure and the program.  http://toughmudder.com/

I'm attempting to keep a blog together at my site www.functioningacademic.com. If you are so inclined you can check in over there to see what is keeping me busy post AMP.

To borrow from Gibson, Scherer, Gibson (or GSG as we say), thus it is done. I wish all the future AMP students all the luck. Drop me a line when you have a moment.

My Best
John Fields
AMP Class of 2011
UVA

No comments:

Post a Comment